At seven months old, Miss Ivalee:
- blows raspberries almost constantly. And when she’s not doing that, she loves to “chew” on her tongue.
- jumps. Lots. I’m pretty sure she learned that one from her cousin, Nathan!
- sings with Layna. Layna sings to her and she smiles and sings right back.
- scoots all over the place. You can’t keep this girl down! We had a picnic at lunch yesterday and she found her way to the grass several times and turned and smiled at us with fistfuls of pine needles.
- is really really grateful for the sun staying out a little later at night. Well, she might not care so much, but her daddy and I are ecstatic! 🙂
- loves to drink water out of a straw. She’s learning. She likes the straw more than she likes a sippy cup.
- sits up unassisted almost all the time now. She only topples over when she gets distracted and forgets to focus.
- can almost sit up from lying down without using her arms. That child’s core muscles must be solid, cause she is really maneuvering quite well, it seems. I can’t even do that!!
- is starting to separate hemispheres. It’s like she only just realized she has two hands and that they can do separate things at the same time. I fully expect her to be patting her head and rubbing her tummy simultaneously any day now.
- is just lovely. And growing more lovely by the day. We are so happy to have her in the family.
(photo credit. Thanks, Matt!)