At 3.5 months, Miss Ivalee:
- holds onto thumbs and pulls up to standing with a straight back.
- stands (still holding onto thumbs) with legs locked for several minutes at the time.
- loves to grab on to shirts/collars, hair, and necklaces.
- turns her head completely at the sound of a familiar voice (feeding times can be frustrating because of this new development).
- locks eyes with anyone who’s addressing her, and tries so hard to imitate mouth-movement.
- is not an Newborn anymore. I noticed The Change last week. She’s a Baby now.
- sings. You may call it “cooing”, but whatever you call it, it’s the sweetest sound ever.
- probably needs a hair trim, but I won’t be able to talk her daddy into that for a while! 🙂
- is in a size 2 diaper.
- loves sucking on her fingers and/or pacifier. Sometimes both at the same time.
- really, really loves to cuddle.
- smiles (real smiles, not just gas smiles — even though both are just as sweet) and laughs. Ah! She laughs! It’s awesome!
- is just as happy laying on the floor kicking and playing as she is if she’s in a bouncy seat or swing.
- only really enjoys “cradle hold” while she’s eating. Otherwise, she wants to be up and see what’s going on around her. (Rules change when she’s tired.)
- is still quite captivated by ceiling fans. And TV screens catch her attention really easily too. (Funny story: We went to visit a friend at her parents’ house on Saturday night. They were watching Forrest Gump on a REALLY BIG SCREEN TV and Iva was so interested, it was like she really understood what was happening. She’d go back and forth between the TV and the ceiling fan. We all got a good laugh out of that.)
- is the best baby ever. In my completely impartial opinion! 🙂