Ok, Moms. I need your input. And I highly suspect I’ll get varying opinions on this, but I just wanna put the question out there for The Pros to chime-in on. As I’ve mentioned, storage is a bit of an issue in our nursery. So I’m just wondering HOW MANY of each of these things I REALLY “need”.
- At my showers this weekend, I’m told I didn’t get enough hooded towels. I have four. How many do I need?
- I got lots of crib sheets, shared a couple with my mom for the crib at her house, returned a few, and kept three. Is that enough?
- Waterproof Mattress Pads. I only have one. I’ll want at least one more, right?
- I have around 10 or so burp cloths — and a hand-full more on the way from my sister, who’s having them decorated for me. Plenty, right??
- I’m not even going to ask about bibs. I have tons. No exact count, but I know I have at LEAST 15. Probably more like 20 or so, though.
- Blankets/Swaddlers – I have three or four swaddlers (given to me by my sister, because Wesley couldn’t stand the things). And we have several blankets. We registered for a few that we liked, and didn’t think about the fact that people would also be making some for us. So we’ve gotten a lot. I’ve already taken back a few. Most of the store-bought ones we are DEFINITELY keeping are ones that are thicker and can be used to lay on the floor during playtime. But how many do we need, really? We probably have about four or so. (I’m not talking about receiving blankets. We have a good amount of those. I’m happy with the amount of those that we are keeping.)
- I have one Pack & Play sheet. My sister got none and used her receiving blankets as “sheets” when Wesley would nap in there. But I’m pretty sure my pack & play is bigger than hers. Not sure that would work for me. This will be where Iva will sleep (in our room) for the first little bit. So I’m thinking definitely more than one. Any input?
Ok. Comment away.