- As a point of reference, I’m at 23 weeks, 5 days – in the second trimester, my fifth month, and what’s typically known as “the easiest part” of the pregnancy. My experience has been just that. No complaints at all.
- My sudden cleaning/organizing compulsion has been identified (by my friend Jenny) as “nesting“. Awesome. Kyle’s been waiting on this stage to set-in for a while now! 🙂 On Sunday, I had a few unexpected hours alone at home, so I spent them catching up on dishes, doing several loads of laundry, starting in on the floors, etc. etc. It feels good to get those kinds of things accomplished. I could really go for a full weekend at home alone to get caught up on everything without interruption. But I don’t see one of those weekends in my near future. Oh well. Some day soon, I suppose.
- Apparently I’m a pregnancy cliche’. I’m burning up already. And this situation does not really work out well for my coworkers. For some reason, the offices on my side of the hall are consistently hotter than the ones on the other side. So when we’re comfortable in the summer, they’re FREEZING! So all the ladies on the other side of the hall were running their small heaters in the office. Yesterday, Doug (my boss) brought me a fan and said, “Can we try this out? You’re freezing us all out of our offices.” So now I have my own personal fan.
- And we must’ve done something to agitate Miss Iva yesterday. During the ultrasound, when the woman would press the (what’s the word for that stick thing that put on your tummy?) into my tummy, she would push against it like, “Hello?? Trying to nap here!” And for the rest of the day and late into the night, she was quite an active little booger. She’s not big enough yet that it’s causing any pain or anything. It was actually fun to feel her moving around in there, doing her “gymnastics”. And still this morning, I’m feeling some pretty major flips and twists going on.
- Strangers are noticing now. But not touching, yet. So I’m grateful for that, for sure! I’ve had several people come up to me and say, “Aw! When’s your baby due?” recently. And a couple of weeks ago, Kyle and I were shopping for a new pair of jeans for him and he needed a different size. I was just starting to stand up to go assist when a saleslady said, “No, Honey. You need to stay down. I’ll take care of him!” Sweet!!
- The wedding rings are off. 😦 They were already a little snug before I got pregnant, and they were just not working out at all anymore. So last Saturday, they came off and I’m afraid they’re off to stay until September.